Thursday, February 10, 2011

Azerbaijan: Halva

The Dish: Honey and nuts... I think.
The Country: Azerbaijan- they have pretty cool folk dancing.
Can of peanuts.

WARNING: THIS RECIPE DID NOT WORK.
Ingredients:
Honey
Peanuts
it may look, and smell, delicious, but it tastes like you've just stuck about ten sugar cubes in your mouth

Procedure:
Roast the peanuts in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Melt the honey until it is extremely hot.
Pour the honey and nuts in a pan.
Let it cool until it solidifies (which never happened).
doesn't it look all nice and solidified? nope, it's just goo.

Notes: I really wanted this one to work, but it didn't. I just got honey and nuts. It didn't turn into anything interesting after I let it cool- it really was just honey and nuts. My dad said that I might have needed to crush the nuts to make more of a paste. Hmmmm... See the original recipe here.
Rating:   0, sorry halva.

No comments:

Post a Comment