Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Argentina: Chimichurri Sauce

The Dish:  Spicy, green, sauce.  See original recipe here.
The Country: ARGENTINA, like in one of my favorite songs!!!

don't those ingredients look so yummy?

Ingredients:
1 cup parsley flakes
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of dried oregano
2 tsp cumin (I've used a lot of this lately....)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tablespoon garlic
1/2 tablespoon hot sauce (JUST 1/2 A TABLESPOON OR YOUR TONGUE WILL GO CRAAAZZY)
HOT. PAIN. HOT. SPICY. HOT.

Procedure
Put everything in a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds. Yum.
THE FINAL PRODUCT, you can see a reflection of where I'm holding up my phone to take a picture...
I really need to improve my photo skills.


Notes: I came home late from play rehearsal today and ate leftover rice and turkey.... Halfway through my meal, I had an idea- put the chimichurri sauce on the rice! It was awesome. Brown rice + chimichurri = best after-play-rehearsal-and-before-homework snack/dinner.
Rating: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment