Monday, January 31, 2011

Arun's- the restaurant that serves carrots shaped like fish

On Sunday we celebrated my dad's birthday (though it isn't for a few days) at a restaurant called Arun's.  I wasn't sure what to expect- I knew they served Thai food, but I had no idea I was in for a twelve course meal, filled with the most intricately prepared food I'd ever seen.  During one course, they had carved a carrot into a goldfish!!! It was incredible, and of course, I didn't eat it; a waiter saw me staring longingly at the fish, and put it in a cup filled with water for me to take home. Now Nemo The Carrot is sitting in my kitchen.
Here are some pictures:
carrot butterfly

cucumber fan

NEMO THE CARROT-FISH

cherries with a mini-crepe (SO AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS I COULD EAT IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE)

baked pear and ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment