Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Central African Republic: Benne Wafers

The Dish: Sesame seed cookies
The Country: Official languages: French and Sango
 goop



Ingredients:
3/4 cup sesame seeds
1.5 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
blobs of goop

Procedure:
Preheat oven to 375°
Grease a cookie sheet or line with wax paper
Mix everything together
Place 1 inch wide balls of dough on wax paper, flatten
Bake for 7 minutes
I'm not so good at the whole shaping the cookies into round balls thing...


Notes: I'm the process of correcting some crooked back molars (yay dental problems!) so my chewing abilities are limited.  From the little I tasted of this cookie thing, it seemed pretty good.  I may have cooked them a little long... a few minutes less and they might have been softer on my recently installed molar spacers (look it up).
Rating: 2.3

No comments:

Post a Comment