Sunday, May 8, 2011

Belize: Coconut Pie

The Dish: Coconut pie
The country: Belize has the lowest population density in Central America.
eggs+ evaporated milk+ condensed milk+ nutmeg


Ingredients:
1/2 cup shredded coconut
Half a can of condensed milk
1 can of evaporated milk
1 tsp nutmeg
Pie shell
1 tsp lemon juice
3 eggs
before it went in the oven it looked like baby food


Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 450°
Whisk the eggs
Add the condensed milk, evaporated milk, lemon juice, and nutmeg. Stir well. Then add the coconut.
Put into the pie shell. Bake at 450°for twenty minutes.  Lower to 350° and bake until firm (about another 20 minutes.
FINAL PRODUCT- I had a bit of a burnt edge problem when some of the filling spilled over....

Notes: It was a little gooey for my taste- I tend to avoid anything slimy, so no yogurt for me. Ever. It's the only thing I'm picky about... but anyways... I think my family liked it, though I'd only advise making it if you like coconut.

Rating: 2.5 (it would have been higher if it wasn't gooey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment