Monday, April 18, 2011

Belgium: Stoemp Aux Carottes

The Dish: Mashed potatoes with carrots.
The Country: Belgium- I was in the Brussels airport about a month ago, but I've never actually been to Belgium.  I have cousins there though, HI GUYS!!!
I love carrots.


Ingredients:
About seven small potatoes
5 medium sized carrots
A pack of frozen bacon
Salt
Pepper
Nutmeg
A stick of butter
Skim milk
I love bacon.


Procedure
Cook the bacon however you would normally cook it.
Boil a large pot of water.
Peel the potatoes and the carrots.
Cut the potatoes in half and chop the carrots into small pieces
When the water is boiling, put the carrots and potatoes in it. Take them out when you can stick a knife all the way through the largest potato.
Mash them. Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of nutmeg, and a pinch of pepper.
Add half a stick of butter and half a cup of milk.
Mash some more.
Add the bacon.
EAT.
I know it looks like really messed up scrambled eggs, but I promise this is Stoemp Aux Carottes, and it was good.

Notes: Bacon is delicious, and I have a strange obsession with carrots (I eat them every day), so I loved this stuff. It might have been  better for breakfast because of the amount of bacon in it, but everyone in my family liked it.
Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment